Create NPS Survey Engagements
Net Promoter Score, or NPS, measures customer experience and predicts business growth.
The NPS survey is a method of measuring your customers’ overall satisfaction with your company’s product or service and a proxy for brand loyalty. The survey itself is simple.
Customers are asked one single question, “On a scale of 0–10, how likely are you to recommend this company’s product or service to a friend or colleague?” Based on their rating, the customers are classified into one of three categories: Detractors, Passives, and Promoters.
NPS provides insights into your customer loyalty spectrum. As you move up the scoring scale, from 0 to 10, customers defect at lower rates, will spend more and will move from negative to positive.
To calculate your NPS, PX detracts the percentage of Detractors from the percentage of Promoters. For example, if 70% of respondents were Promoters and 10% were Detractors, your Net Promoter is a score of 60 as shown below.
Example: If you received 100 responses to your survey:
10 responses were in the 0–6 range (Detractors) - 10%
20 responses were in the 7–8 range (Passives) - 20%
70 responses were in the 9–10 range (Promoters) - 70%
NPS = 60 (70% - 10%)
The NPS range: -100 to 100
Create NPS Survey Engagement
Perform the following steps to create an NPS Survey Engagement.
- Click Engagement.
- Click Create.
- Click the survey icon. The NPS checkbox is selected by default.
- Select the environment, if you have multiple environments.
- Click Create.
- Select the relevant Audience. Target your audience based on user, account and/or behavioural rules. The following best practices are recommended:
- Coordinate survey requirements across departments to create a comprehensive strategy and avoid survey burn-out.
- Solicit NPS feedback quarterly for fresh data every three months, but choose criteria by which to rotate your distribution list.
- Connect PX to your Slack channel to get real-time feedback. For more information, refer to Gainsight PX Slack Integration article.
- Choose a template. You can use a banner/bar style or a dialog.
- Customize the look and feel by using Editor and optionally display a ‘thank you’ step. Always checkout the style, placing of content, title etc. on the third tab on the right side bar for engagement level settings.
- Click the eye icon to preview the NPS Survey Engagement in your app.
- In Schedule, set the relevant date range and intervals you'd like to collect NPS from users. For more information about scheduling, refer to the Engagement Scheduler article.
- In Scheduler, set the Timezone and also select the Recurring option.
- Select the Show Attempts checkbox, This enables the user to see the NPS Survey Engagement every N hours/days/weeks/months and will be snoozed x times between these intervals. If you select the value as shown in the following image, users will see the NPS Survey Engagement every month and it will be snoozed only once between the intervals or after the interval is elapsed.
For more information about how you can review NPS at the user or account level and also apply Filter NPS based on different cohorts, refer to the How to Analyze NPS Results article. You can also measure feature adoption or engaged users based on their NPS responses. To learn more about how you can follow up with the users who didn't take the survey, refer to the Automated Personal Email Follow Up Driven by NPS Score article.
To learn about all frequently asked questions, refer Surveys FAQs article.