Configure PX Dashboards
This article explains how to configure a PX Dashboard, including adding and configuring widgets in Dashboards, and sharing a Dashboard. Gainsight recommends that you first read the Dashboard Overview article and then proceed with this article.
PX Dashboards offer an interactive way of viewing data. By default, Gainsight provides you with the Gainsight PX Dashboard. You can add and customize multiple Dashboards. This article explains how to create multiple Dashboards and share them with different users.
Business Use Cases
You can create separate Dashboards for each user, based on their requirements. For example, you can create a Dashboard, set it to private and grant access only to the top level executives who are interested in viewing performance of company KPIs. You can create a Dashboard for a Product Manager and include widgets which show key metrics for the product they own.
View and Switch Dashboards
This section explains how to view existing dashboards and switch between multiple Dashboards.
The Dashboard page contains a list of all the Dashboards configured on your page or shared with you. You can view Dashboard data or switch between dashboards from the Dashboard page.
To view or switch between Dashboards:
- In the left pane, click Dashboard. The Dashboard which is configured as the Default Dashboard, is displayed.
- From the drop-down menu, select another dashboard. You can now view widgets from the selected Dashboard.
Actions on Dashboard
This section describes the various actions that you can perform on a Dashboard.
This subsection explains how to create a Dashboard and add widgets to a Dashboard.
To create a Dashboard:
- Click New dashboard.
- In the New Dashboard window, perform the following tasks:
- Enter a name for the Dashboard.
- Select a product for which the Dashboard is applicable (this step is applicable only if you have configured multiple products in your subscription).
- Click Create.
You can see that the new Dashboard is now created. Once you create a Dashboard, you can add widgets to your Dashboard.
- (Optional) Select the Set as default check box to set this Dashboard as the default Dashboard.
- (Optional) Click Clone Dashboard to clone the dashboard.
- (Optional) Click Delete Dashboard to delete the dashboard.
Add Widgets to Dashboard
This section explains how to add and configure a widget in a Dashboard. A widget is a preconfigured report on a specific metric. Gainsight PX offers 21 widgets out of the box which may be added to Dashboards.
You can customize these widgets by applying appropriate filters. Each widget displays data for the selected date range and based on the applied filters.
Note: Apart from the 21 widgets, Gainsight PX also offers four mobile widgets. You can use the mobile widgets in your Dashboard but data would be populated only after you configure Gainsight PX SDK. Similarly, the Average session duration and Session count widgets allow you to filter data to include Mobile channel. However, data is displayed only after you configure mobile SDK. For more information on how to configure Mobile SDK, please contact your Client Outcomes Manager
To add widgets:
- Click Add widget. The Select Widget window is displayed.
- Click the required widget.
- (Optional) Repeat the above steps to add more widgets.
- (Optional) To modify the name of the widget, Click the Update name icon, enter new name, and press the enter key.
- Click the settings icon to configure a widget. You can modify the widget name from the settings page as well.
- In the Date range drop-down menu, select number of days or a range of dates for which you wish to display data in the widget.
- In the Chart type field, select a graphical method for use with the widget.
- Click Add filter to add filters to the data displayed in the widget.
- Configure a filter as required.
The above filter displays leads located in India and generated between May 1 2019, to June 30, 2019. You can also set date range from dashboard page (see step 12).
- (Optional) Click Save as and enter a name to save your filter.
- Click Done to save the widget.
- Select the frequency with which you wish to see the data.
- Select number of days or a range of dates for which you wish to display data in the widget.
- (Optional) Click Clone, to clone the widget.
- (Optional) Click Delete, to delete the widget.
This allows you to edit the name of any Dashboard to make it easier to identify.
To Edit Dashboard:
- Click the Update Dashboard Information icon. A window appears.
- Click Update after making relevant changes.
Cloning allows you to copy any Dashboard.
To clone Dashboard:
- Click the Clone icon. Another Dashboard will be created with the same name along with the ‘Clone’ tag under the MY DASHBOARDS section. Refer the following image:
Removing a dashboard is very easy. Open the Dashboard and simply click on the delete icon. Clicking delete icon will permanently delete the dashboard from the account and cannot be undone.
Set Access Permissions on Dashboard
This section explains how you can set access control on Dashboards. By default, a Dashboard has Public access; anyone in your organization can access the Dashboard. However, you can change the access to private and share the Dashboard with the required users. A Dashboard with public access is displayed with a green lock icon.
To set access permissions:
- Click Share dashboard. The Share dashboard window is displayed.
- Turn off the Public toggle switch.
- Select the required users who must have access to this dashboard.
- Click Apply.
The Dashboard now has a red lock icon indicating that this is a private Dashboard.
- The Users with whom you have shared your Dashboard can view your Dashboard under the SHARED section.
To learn about all frequently asked questions, refer Dashboard FAQs article.