Release Notes August 2019
List of Features
Gainsight PX has now launched the Mobile SDK to capture data from mobile applications. Consequently, you will see the Mobile Channel filters across various parts of your PX application. Please note that Mobile channel is available to PX customers in early access. For more information on how to enable it, please contact your Client Outcomes Manager.
- URL column in Engagements List View: Gainsight PX has introduced a new URL column on the Engagements list view. This column displays the URL rules used in an engagement. If you have configured multiple URL rules in your engagement, the URL column displays only the first rule. However, when you hover your mouse on the rule, you can see all of the URL rules used. If there are no URL rules in your engagement, this column does not display a value.
- Ability to Compare events in Retention Analysis report: Gainsight PX now allows you to compare two events, in a Retention Analysis report. The two events to be compared are known as the First Event and Return Event and these drop-down menus are located under the new Advanced section. These drop-down menus contain event types which can be used as filters.
- First Event: When you select an event type in this field, the report filters the number of Users or Accounts who have clicked the event type during a given time frame. The event types supported are features, custom events, page view events, session events, user attributes (sign up, custom attributes of multiple data types), account attributes ( create date, custom attributes of multiple date types).
- Return Event: When you select an event type in this field, the report filters the number of Users or Accounts who have performed the action selected in the First Event field. The event types supported in the First Event field are supported in this field also. Apart from those event types, User and Account attributes are also supported in this field.
The report is generated in Cohort size selected (day, Week, Month).
Business Use case: You can calculate the number of users who signed up in your application (first event) and then compare this value (number of users who signed up) with the number of Users who accessed the purchase page (or any other page), during a specific time period.
To use this enhancement:
a. Click the Analytics menu from the left pane.
b. Click the Retention Analysis report from the Audience section.
c. Click the Advanced option.
d. Select the required event types in the First Event (here Sign-up date) and Return Event (here Dashboard page) fields.
e. Click Apply.
f. Scroll down to view the report.
Understanding the Report
The column highlighted in red represents the First Event field. The columns highlighted in yellow represent the Return Event field. From the above report, you can see that a total of 293 users clicked the First Event (here Sign-up Date). The Cohort size is weekly and 12 weeks are selected. The Cohort size displays the number of users who clicked the first event and the Return event (here Dashboard page). Of the 293 Users, only few viewed the Dashboard page and you can also see the week in which they viewed the Dashboard page.
You can easily switch between Users and Accounts reports. Select the Account Sign up date field from the First Event field. The Return Events are displayed for the Accounts, instead of Users.
- New Session count and Average session duration widgets: Gainsight PX has introduced two new widgets, which you can add to your Dashboards. The Session count widget displays the number of sessions recorded in a given time frame. The Average session duration widget calculates the average duration of all the sessions, recorded in a given time period.
These widgets can simultaneously display data from both channels; Mobile and Web app. You can also choose to view data only from the Mobile or Web app channel. (To learn more about Mobile channel, refer to the Announcements section above).
To use these widgets:
a. Click the Dashboard icon from the left menu.
b. Select the required channel and product
c. Select the required product, from the Product drop-down menu.
d. Click New dashboard.
e. Click Create.
f. Click Add widget.
g. Select the Session count and Average session duration widgets.
h. Click the All Channels drop-down menu and select the required channel. (To learn more about Mobile channel, refer to the Announcements section above).