Salesforce Integration in Gainsight PX (Bi-Directional)
- Integration Schedule
- Field Mapping
- Data Pulled from Salesforce
- Create Gainsight PX Account Report
- Contact Match Scenario
- KPIs for Push to Salesforce (in addition to Custom Attributes)
- Docs Integration
This article explains how the Salesforce integration in Gainsight PX enables you to fetch data from Salesforce to Gainsight PX and also explains how Gainsight PX provides 2-way sync/integration capabilities to transfer/fetch customer data between these two apps.
The Gainsight PX Salesforce Integration allows you fetch data from/to Salesforce to/from Gainsight PX for the Account and Contact records. If a matching SFDC record is found for a given Gainsight PX record, then the chosen fields on the field mapping screen are copied from the Salesforce object to the matched Gainsight PX record.
This integration enables you to slice and dice the product data based on Salesforce attributes. You can use these granular level of details to create in-application messaging and personalize Engagements for specific segment of end users. You can implement product usage from accounts and contacts in Salesforce reports and views.
Salesforce integration in Gainsight PX increases the effectiveness of your product by keeping your customers engaged within their applications. This empowers customer success as you can now learn about your customers’ health score at a very early stage and that helps teams improve the quality to ensure that your customers keep coming back.
Gainsight PX admin helps you to set the application and run it in your application with in the given time. Only admin can configure in order to fetch data. You must ensure that the existing integration set is working. Before you explore more about the Salesforce Integration in Gainsight PX, ensure that the following points have been taken care of:
- You must ensure that the sync is working correctly. It should show when it was synced.
- You should see the word Success in green along with the number of records pushed/pulled, and a recent Last Sync date. Refer the following image.
- You must authenticate the Salesforce users
Data is fetched from Salesforce every 4 hours. Gainsight PX data is matched and mapped every 2 hours. Data is synced every 4 hrs. You can also manually sync the data at any point in Gainsight PX by clicking Synchronize as highlighted in the following image.
The Mapped Fields option allows you to map the field(s) in SFDC that you want to push to Gainsight PX.
Supported Field Types
Following are the type of fields supported for mapping:
- DATE_TIME types in PX can map to the following field types in SFDC
- DATE, DATETIME, TIME
- STRING types in PX can map to the following field types in SFDC
- STRING, TEXTAREA, PICKLIST, MULTIPICKLIST, COMBOBOX, EMAIL, URL, ID, PHONE
- NUMBER types in PX can map to the following field types in SFDC
- INT, DOUBLE, PERCENT, CURRENCY
- BOOLEAN types in PX can map to the following field types in SFDC
Data Pulled from Salesforce
Perform the following steps to configure the Mapped Fields window on Account/Contact records. For more information about Account Match Scenario and Contact Match Scenario, refer to the Appendix section in this article.
- Navigate to Settings (the gear in the bottom left hand corner) > Integrations.If Salesforce is enabled for your account, you will see the Salesforce Integration on the right hand side.
IMPORTANT: To use the Gainsight PX/Salesforce Integration, you need to sign into Salesforce as a user with Read access to the Accounts object and Contacts object.
- Select the → data pulled from option.
- Click the Map Fields icon on the Salesforce card.
- Select Account and/or Contact tab(s) where data will be pulled from/pushed to Salesforce.
- Select the fields that you want to map.
- Click Apply.
Once you have linked your Salesforce data, you can use it throughout Gainsight PX. Specifically, you can slice and dice your data, filter, and analyze Engagements based on Salesforce attributes. Following image shows how to add a filter based on Salesforce accounts.
Data Pushed to Salesforce
When you select the → data pushed to option as shown in the following image, the data is pushed from Gainsight PX Account and Contact records to Salesforce.
This enables you to have the Gainsight PX data inside Salesforce for workflows, creating tasks, sending notifications, reporting, and other integrations. For example you can,
- Schedule an Engagement when a customer is within 90 days of renewal
- Create tasks for CSMs when activity needs attention
- Use Gainsight PX data with Salesforce support data to create a health score
- Requires Salesforce API access with Enterprise, Unlimited or a paid upgrade to Professional with API access added.
- Currently supports syncing the Accounts and Contacts standard Salesforce Objects.
- Gainsight PX only pushes the data to fields contains "PX_" as prefix. For example, PX_Test_String, etc.
As a Salesforce admin, you must access the required objects. You need admin access to configure Data pushed for Account/Contact. Perform the following steps:
- Click the Settings icon on the Integrations page.
The Matching Logic window appears.
- Enable the Accounts option under the Retrieve from Salesforce section.
- Select the Custom Field Matching checkbox.
- Select the required Fields for both Gainsight PX and Salesforce to perform mapping.
- Select the Website Domain checkbox. Checking this option enables you to associate Salesforce Account and PX account only if they have the same domain on both objects.
When pushing Accounts data, Gainsight PX allows you to push Account KPI metrics, which are calculated and not part of the Account object. Following is the list of calculated fields that are supported:
- Month over Month (MoM) Change
- Weekly Active Users (WAU) Count
- Quarterly Active Users (QAU) Count
- Quarter over Quarter (QoQ) Change
- Week over Week (WoW) Change
- Last Week NPS Score
- WoW NPS Score
- Last Week NPS Responses
- WoW NPS Responses
- Last Quarter NPS Score
- Last Month NPS Score
- Last Quarter NPS Responses
- Last Month NPS Responses
- QoQ NPS Score
- QoQ NPS Responses
- MoM NPS Score
- Monthly Active Users (MAU) Count
- MoM NPS Responses
In addition, Gainsight PX allows you to map feature metrics.
If you enable and/or Contacts option as shown in the image above, you need to select the Email checkbox for the Gainsight PX user email to match with the Salesforce Contact email in order to map.
Create Gainsight PX Account Report
Push the Gainsight PX Account data to Salesforce Accounts. Pushing Visitor data can be a little trickier as there are often duplicate contacts in Salesforce. Gainsight recommends starting with Accounts.
- Navigate to Account Explorer.
- Create a report using Account as filter and the value should be selected to match the desired Salesforce records for your report.
- Select a Date Range or use the default.
- Click Apply to generate the report.
- Export as .CSV and save it.
- If you experience any issues, contact email@example.com.
Account Match Scenario
- For all Gainsight PX account records: If account has been matched before and the account.sfdcId field matches the id that was matched previously, then Gainsight PX will retain the previous match, and skip remaining matching logic.
- Otherwise: The integration will find the SFDC account that matches the "best" by applying a weighted value to how well it matches on the criteria that are selected in the SFDC integration screen in the application.
If there are multiple SFDC accounts that match, the account with the highest cumulative score is considered a match.
sfdcId to Salesforce ID
account.sfdcId equal to sfdcAccount.id
Custom Field Matching
Matching value in the two given fields
Fields must be of the same type, only strings and integral (whole number) numerics are supported.
account.website domain equal to sfdcAccount.website domain
account.name equal to sfdcAccount.name
Recent user domain
user.email domain equal to sfdcAccount.website domain
Retrieves 100 most recently seen users and extracts they domains from their email addresses. If there is a mixture of email domains, the score is weighted by the portion of the users that have the same domain.
Contact Match Scenario
- For all Gainsight PX user records: If a contact has been matched before and the user.sfdcContactId matches the id that was matched previously: Gainsight PX will retain the previous match, and skip remaining matching logic.
- Otherwise: Find the first matching contact by iterating through the matching criteria that are selected in the SFDC integration screen. The first contact found that matches is chosen.
The matching is performed in the following order:
sfdcContactId to Salesforce Contact ID
user.sfdcContactID equal to contact.id
Custom Field Matching
Matching value in the two given fields
Fields must be of the same type, only strings and integral (whole number) numeric are supported.
user.email equal to contact.email
If more than one matching email on SFDC, not considered a match
user.phone equal to contact.phone
If more than one matching phone on SFDC, not considered a match
KPIs for Push to Salesforce (in addition to Custom Attributes)
Currently the NPS is only on the Account level. When a user map contact, only contact’s attributes can be pulled/pushed, no KPIs or individual NPS responses can be pulled/pushed.
- Account boolean
- Account numeric
- AWS S3 Enabled (?)
- CEO Name
- City Name
- Continent Code
- Country Code
- Country Name
- NAICS Code
- Active engagements count
- Number of engagements field
- 90 day NPS Score (Reworded)
- 90 day NPS Responses (Reworded)
- 30 day NPS Score (Reworded)
- 30 day NPS Responses (Reworded)
- 7 day NPS Score (Reworded)
- 7 day NPS Responses (Reworded)
For features, the following way options are organized:
- Feature Users Last 90 Days
- Feature Users Last 30 Days
- Feature Users Last 7 dDays
- -------------- (dividing line)
- 90 Day Feature Users Delta
- 30 Day Feature Users Delta
- 7 Day Feature Users Delta
- 90 Day Active User Count
- 90 Day Active User Delta
- 30 Day Active User Count
- 30 Day Active User Delta
- 7 Day Active User Count
- 7 Day Active User Delta
Raw list of KPIs Currently In App
- Feature usage last 30 days
- Feature usage last 30 days
- Feature usage last 7 days
- Feature usage monthly change
- Feature usage quarterly change
- Feature usage weekly change
- Last month NPS responses
- Last month NPS score
- Last quarter NPS responses
- Last quarter NPS score
- Last Week NPS responses
- Last Week NPS score
- Month over month NPS responses
- Month over month NPS score
- Monthly active users
- Monthly active users change
- Quarter over quarter NPS responses
- Quarter over quarter NPS score
- Quarterly active users
- Quarterly active users change
- Week over week NPS responses
- Week over week NPS score
- Weekly active users
- Weekly active users change
When PX is configured with Salesforce, you can view and search all the articles available in Salesforce through Knowledge Center Bot. Once you authenticate with salesforce, integration for salesforce knowledge is enabled automatically.